Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Top Ten Football Quotes

10. "What's the difference between a 3-week-old puppy and a sportswriter? In six weeks, the puppy stops whining."
 (Mike Ditka)

9. "Now that I'm retired, I want to say that all defensive linemen are sissies."
 (Dan Fouts)

8. "Clifford Franklin's the only one catching it and coming down with it."
(Clifford Franklin - The Replacements)

7. "I'm probably about a 4.9 normally, but when a 280-pound guy is chasing me, I'm a 4.6"
(John Elway - on his 40 yard dash speed)

6. I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first."
(Saints RB George Rogers)

5. "This year we've got Michigan just where we want them. We don't play them."
(Indiana coach Lee Corso)

4. "Men, I want just thinking of one word all season. One word and one word only: 
Super Bowl."
(Bill Peterson)

3. "Five letters here just for everybody out there in Packer-land: R-E-L-A-X, Relax." (Aaron Rodgers - after a 1-2 start)

2. "When other players started asking me for permission to date my daughter."
(YA Tittle - on his first thoughts of retiring)

1. "I've got news for you. We're gonna win the game. I guarantee it."
(Joe Namath's Superbowl III guarantee)


1 comment:

  1. I like the comments from Ditka, Fouts, and Namath the best!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete